This guide is a walkthrough on how to get all the NPC’s in the game. Below is the list of the things the NPC’s needs as well as their housing requirements which must be available for them to move in. Housing must at least be 6×10 but 6×12 is more recommendable.
- Guide – Is available from the start of the game but needs available housing.
- Merchant – You need at least 50 silvers.
- Dye Trader – You must have at least 1 dye (e.g. Blue Berries, Lime Kelp, etc.)
- Dryad – You must at least defeat one boss except for Wall of Flesh and King Slime.
- Angler – Randomly spawns at the Ocean.
- Nurse – You must consume at least 1 Life Crystal.
- Witch Doctor – You need to defeat the Queen Bee first.
- Stylist – Randomly found in Spider Biome.
- Goblin Tinkerer – Randomly found in an underground where Goblin Invasion is defeated.
- Demolitionist – You must have an explosive.
- Arms Dealer – You must need to have either a bullet or a gun.
- Party Girl – Randomly spawns after you own 13 NPC’s in your house.
- Clothier – Spawns after you defeat Skeletron.
- Tavernkeep – Randomly found after you defeated either Eater of Worlds or Brain Cthulu.
- Mechanic – Randomly spawns in a dungeon.
- Painter – Randomly spawns after you have moved in 7 NPC’s.
- Truffle – Your house needs to be in a Mushroom Biome surface.
- Pirate – You must first defeat Pirate Invasion.
- Cyborg – You must first defeat Plantera.
- Santa Claus – Defeat Frost Legion first. (Frost Legion only appears during Christmas season.)
- Wizard – Randomly found underground.
- Tax Collector – In the Underworld, use Purification Powder on a Tortured Soul to obtain Tax Collector.
- Steampunker – Defeat at least one of the mechanical bosses: The Twins, Skeleton Prime or The Destroyer.